Your car’s automotive electrical system is responsible for starting your engine, and running your electrical features such as windshield wipers, radio, headlights, power windows, and engine fans. Lee’s Diagnostic Station has high quality automotive electrical systems inspections including alternator repair, and battery replacement, as well as a variety of auto repair services at affordable prices that can’t be beat in Western Massachusetts.
Your vehicle’s automotive electrical systems consists of a connection of circuits and your battery that create, store and distribute energy where it’s needed. The automotive electrical system is also essential for starting the engine along with certain safety features like headlights and signal lights .
In the course of a battery inspection our mechanics check:
- General vehicle battery and case condition
- Hold-down hardware
Checking the starter means:
- Inspecting cable connections
- Checking positioning bolts and brackets
- A Starter Electrical “Draw” Examination, to examine the quantity of electricity needed to turn the engine over the engine over.
Inspecting the alternator means:
- Performing an overall visual inspection
- Checking the drive belt
- Inspecting the installing brackets
- Testing electrical hookups
- A charging system examination to make sure the alternator current and voltage are to manufacturer’s requirements
Contact us at (413) 732-4159 or complete the form below for more information.