What auto a/c and heating system does: Auto heating and A/C systems function to keep your car cabin warm in the winter and cool in the summer. The auto A/C system additionally offers a double function of working your defrost in the winter. Heating systems are comprised of a heater core which acts like a little radiator behind the dash, fan, and hoses which draw the heat from the engine to the core. Auto A/C systems operate similarly, by delivering coolant to the fan to blow cold air in the cabin.
How can I tell if my heating or A/C is having problems:
- If your A/C blows just a little cooler than the air outside
- Air that blows in smells moist, musty, or like mildew
- Your cabin does not heat up in cold weather, or is just somewhat warmer than outdoors
- The defroster takes longer than normal to function, blows in filthy air, or doesn’t operate
- Your heater or A/C only operates when driving, not when idling, or stops blowing when the vehicle is still
- Your heating unit blows chilly air, or the air conditioning blows warm
- At the highest setting, your vents do not put out much air
Our heating and A/C inspection consists of:
An in-depth inspection of heating and a/c systems includes:
- Checking the interior and blower
- Checking radiator coolant level, hoses, pressure cap and thermostat
- Screening the compressor belt
- Examining for cracks or additional damages.
- A cooling system pressure examination
- Contrasting the air conditioning pressure to producer specifications
- Examining the air conditioning system for refrigerant leaks
- Check the interior vent air temperature
Contact us at (413) 732-4159 or complete the form below for more information.